OMAHA HUD Homes
HUD homes are sold by many different brokers in town. The best way to search for just Omaha Hud Homes is to go to the new www.HUDHomestore.com. It has a new look and is user friendly.
Search for HUD homes in Douglas and Sarpy county, and if you see a property you are interested in, then give me call. If you want to drive by them first to get the feel for the area and outside condition, it might save some time. Bids must be placed by an Omaha HUD approved agent, which I can do for you, give me a call at (402) 689-7550. Remember to look at the BID dates, you don’t want to miss out.
Things you should consider before buying a HUD home.
- Owner occupant bids are collected and reviewed after the first 14 days.
- If not sold to an owner occupant bid in the first 14 days, owner occupant bids are reviewed daily up to 30 days.
- Investor bids can be placed after 30 days and are reviewed daily.
- HUD homes are sold as is with no repairs.
- Buyers can do inspections 15 days after the contract. Utilities can be turned on upon request, after HUD has signed the contract. This can take upwards to two weeks. Note: If there are broken water pipes, they generally will not allow the water to be turned on to prevent water damage. Once you requested the utilities to be turned on, they will only be on for 48 hours and the buyer must pay all the costs to turn on and off, plus provide a deposit to Best Assets.
- HUD performs a home inspection on each home. Be sure to review them closely. They may also do a lead paint inspection. Review them carefully.
- If you are not willing to purchase the home "as is", then buying a HUD home is not for you.
- Special 203K financing available on some properties (Contact me for more information)
- $100 Down payment options on FHA insurable properties for owner occupant buyers